Fort Worth Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Have you recently been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle in Fort Worth, Texas?
You could be entitled to a substantial monetary settlement or award. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Give Fort Worth commercial vehicle accident lawyer Jason Stephens a call (817) 420-7000 today or contact our law office online to schedule a free initial case assessment to learn more.
Table of Contents
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Commercial Vehicle Accident?
Fort Worth has some of the most congested roads in the state of Texas, if not the entire United States.
These roads aren’t just jam-packed with passenger cars. Commercial vehicles log millions of miles traveling to, in, and through the city.
Many of these commercial vehicles are rather large, or at least bigger than most of the small sedans and SUVs that dot Fort Worth’s highways.
So, accidents involving commercial vehicles tend to be quite destructive. And, it tends to be the individuals walking, biking, or inside of other cars that suffer the consequences.
If a commercial vehicle driver causes an accident and you get hurt, you might have a legitimate claim for damages. However, cases involving commercial drivers can be particularly complicated. That’s because the driver wasn’t on the road for their own personal enjoyment.
They were doing a job. So, their employer (and the employer’s insurance company) will more than likely be involved in your claim in one way or another. The employer and their insurer will likely make it as difficult as possible for you to obtain the financial award you deserve.
Fortunately, you do not have to attempt to navigate an injury claim on your own. As a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer, Jason Stephens is here to help you in any way that he can. For more than 22 years, he has been advocating on behalf of motor vehicle accident victims just like you. Empathy and compassion drive his legal practice, which sets him apart from other law firms in Fort Worth. Jason continually gets results for his clients because he cares so much.
When you hire Jason Stephens to handle your commercial vehicle accident case, you can expect him to:
- Help you fully understand your legal rights and the potential options for recovery
- Listen to you, ask questions, and provide support during this difficult time
- Investigate your accident thoroughly to determine causation and fault
- Seek compensation from all liable parties – including commercial vehicle drivers, employers, and other negligent parties
- Go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and anyone who tries to stand between you and the money you deserve
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf, and
- Have an award-winning Texas trial lawyer like Jason Stephens bring your case to a jury, if necessary.
Don’t hesitate to give Stephens Law Firm, PLLC a call to arrange a time to sit down to discuss your commercial vehicle accident. Your first consultation is 100% free, so call now.
Stephens Law Represents Victims of All Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Fort Worth
A commercial vehicle is simply a vehicle that’s driven for a business purpose. It might be a car, a bus, a van, or truck. It doesn’t matter what kind of vehicle was being driven when you got hurt. At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason Stephens handles all commercial vehicle accidents in Fort Worth, including:
- Delivery trucks, including UPS, FedEx, and USPS
- Box trucks
- Cargo vans
- Commercial buses (e.g., Greyhound, Roadrunner)
- Tanker trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Recycling trucks
- Limousines, and more.
Stephens Law offers free consultations. So, do not hesitate to call now to learn about your legal options and to have attorney Jason Stephens assess your case. If you can’t come to the office in Fort Worth, Jason can visit you at home, at the hospital, a rehabilitation facility, or your place of work.
Common Injuries Resulting From Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Texas
Many commercial vehicles are large. They’re heavy, unwieldy, and hard to navigate. Many don’t stop on a dime. So, when a commercial vehicle is involved in a wreck, the results are often quite traumatic. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Eye injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Wrongful death, and more.
Fort Worth personal injury attorney Jason Stephens will help you fight to recover compensation for all of the injuries you sustained in a collision with a commercial vehicle – big and small. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Stephens Law by phone or online today to learn more.
Why Do Commercial Vehicle Accidents Happen in Fort Worth?
Many times, a driver has to have special training and education to operate a commercial vehicle. They might even have to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL). This means that they should know how to operate their vehicles properly and safely. However, commercial drivers don’t always engage in safe behavior behind the wheel. Many commercial vehicle accidents happen because drivers:
- Are distracted by their phones or GPS devices
- Speed and race to get deliveries done quickly because they’re under pressure from their employer
- Are overtired or fatigued behind the wheel
- Stop their vehicles in places that create a hazard for other travelers, and
- Operate the vehicle under the influence of illegal or legal drugs.
However, commercial vehicle accidents aren’t always caused by those drivers. Accidents involving commercial vehicles also happen when:
- Other drivers are aggressive or refuse to share the road
- Vehicles aren’t properly maintained
- Vehicles are defective, or
- Road conditions are hazardous.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC will carefully investigate your crash from every angle. Attorney Jason Stephens will work hard to determine all possible causes because that will help him identify who should be financially responsible for your suffering.
Who’s Liable For My Injuries After an Accident Involving a Commercial Vehicle?
Anyone who plays a role in your accident or contributes to your injuries can be on the hook for the associated costs. This might include:
- Commercial vehicle and truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Drivers of other passenger cars on the road
- Pedestrians, or
- The city of Fort Worth.
When multiple parties share the blame, liability is allocated between them. The larger someone’s role, the more liability they’ll share. For example, let’s say you were involved in a car accident with a commercial truck and a bicyclist. An investigation reveals that the commercial driver is 70 percent at fault. That driver (and/or their employer) will be on the hook for 70 percent of your damages. The bicyclist would be responsible for the rest.
What Damages Are Available If I Was Injured in Commercial Vehicle Accident in Texas?
Following an accident involving a commercial vehicle in Fort Worth, TX, you might be entitled to an award of damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering
- PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other types of emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement, and more.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC knows that businesses, employers, and insurance companies will try to minimize a payout or deny your claim. That’s why attorney Jason Stephens brings in specialists and professionals to help him as he investigates, builds, and values your case. He’ll rely on their expertise so that he understands your case inside and out. The more he understands and knows, the better prepared he’ll be to negotiate on your behalf.
When Do I Have to File a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawsuit in Fort Worth?
There will be a limit on the amount of time you have to assert your rights and demand compensation after your accident. Typically, the statute of limitations for commercial vehicle accident lawsuits is two years. That two-year period begins the moment you get into your accident or whenever you reasonably discover your injuries – whichever is later.
Do not wait too long to initiate your lawsuit. You will lose the right to recover compensation if the statute of limitations expires before you act. That’s why it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Fort Worth as soon as you can after you get hurt. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can begin to work on your case as soon as you ask for help.
An Experienced Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth Fighting For You
Contact Stephens Law Firm, PLLC if you or someone you love has recently been involved in an accident involving a commercial vehicle.
A Fort Worth truck accident attorney like Jason Stephens can help you fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Jason Stephens offers a free case evaluation, so please do not hesitate to contact the Tarrant County law office to arrange yours. Jason looks forward to listening to your story, helping you understand your rights, and addressing any questions or concerns you might have. There’s a limited amount of time to demand the money you need, so call now.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX