Fort Worth Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Did you get hurt in a slip and fall accident in Fort Worth, TX? Contact Stephens Law Firm, PLLC to find out how Jason Stephens might be able to help you secure a substantial monetary award. Our Fort Worth slip and fall lawyers offer a free initial case assessment, so call us at (817) 420-7000 to schedule yours today.
Property owners have to take certain steps to protect visitors like you. If your injury is the result of negligence, a Fort Worth lawyer will work tirelessly to get you the money you deserve.
Why Should I Call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC After a Slip and Fall in Fort Worth?
Did you know that falls are a leading cause of unintentional injury in Fort Worth? Sadly, most slips, trips, and falls are probably avoidable. However, businesses and property owners cut corners and put your safety at risk. When this happens, you can suffer crippling physical, emotional, and financial consequences.
Don’t let the negligent property owner off the hook – hire Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, and trust that a personal injury lawyer in Fort Worth will work tirelessly to hold them accountable.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason Stephens has been representing injury victims in the Fort Worth area for more than 22 years. During this time, he has recovered substantial sums for his clients. That’s because Jason Stephens is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and do the hard work. He goes to the mat for his clients, and he’ll do the same for you.
When you call Jason Stephens for help after your slip and fall, he will:
- Investigate the Circumstances of Your Accident: What led to your slip and fall? Who might have contributed to your accident? What kind of evidence is there to support your premises liability claim? These answers will be critical in shaping your personal injury case.
- Go Toe-to-Toe With Stingy Insurance Companies: Your claim will most likely involve an insurance company or two. These insurers will do anything to limit the amount of money you get. Jason Stephens knows what kind of tactics they’ll try to use to get you to accept less money than you deserve. He’ll stand up for you and do whatever it takes to leverage a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf.
- Limit Claims That You’re to Blame: In Texas, sharing fault for an accident can stand between you and a successful monetary payout. Jason Stephens doesn’t want that to happen. However, owners will be quick to blame your own carelessness for the slip and fall – even if that’s not the case. Jason knows that he’ll need evidence to prove that the owner – and not you – is to blame. So he’ll dig deep, review records, analyze photographs, and consult with experts to find the proof he needs.
- Bring In the Experts: Insurance companies will want to tell you what your case is worth. They’ll have experts working day and night to discredit your claims, minimize your injuries, and drive down the value of your case. You deserve to have experts working on your behalf, too. Jason Stephens will bring in whatever professionals can help him build the strongest possible case for you. He’ll consult with medical professionals, vocational experts, mental health authorities, and anyone else who can provide some insight about what your case is likely worth.
- Take Your Case to Court: Now, it’s true that most slip and fall cases settle privately outside of court. However, insurers won’t be pressured to settle if there’s no threat that your case will go to court. When you’re represented by a nationally recognized trial lawyer, that’s another story. Just the thought of having to go up against an award-winning attorney in court can be enough to get them to offer you a fair deal.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason’s goal is to help you secure a substantial monetary award that covers all of your slip and fall accident costs. He’s able to help when you need him most. Simply give the Fort Worth law firm a call to schedule a free consultation today.
Jason Stephens Handles All Fort Worth Slip and Fall Cases
When you’re on someone else’s property in Fort Worth, you should feel safe. You shouldn’t have to scan the room for potential tripping hazards. When you slip and fall, Jason will be there to help you demand compensation from whoever owns or operates the premises. Jason Stephens represents clients who have slipped and fallen in Fort Worth at:
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail stores
- Shopping malls
- Big box stores, including Target, Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot
- Grocery stores
- Sporting complexes
- College campuses
- Government buildings
- Nursing homes
- Schools, and more.
You don’t have to fall in a public place to have a legitimate claim for damages. If you slip and fall at a friend or family’s home, you may also be entitled to compensation. It’s best to discuss your slip and fall case with Stephens Law Firm, PLLC so that you’re fully aware of your legal options. Don’t hesitate to call today to learn more.
Leading Causes of Slips and Falls in Fort Worth, TX
Why do slip and fall accidents happen? Sometimes it might be due to the fact that you’re distracted and not paying attention to where you’re going. Many times, however, falls happen because businesses or land owners fail to take the necessary precautions to keep you safe.
In Texas, premises liability laws explain that property owners and establishments that are open to the public have to inspect their premises for hazards and fix them as soon as they can. Hazards that commonly contribute to slip and fall accidents in Fort Worth include:
- Broken stairs
- Uneven floors
- Unsecured carpets or rugs
- Loose electrical wires
- Wet or slippery floors
- Damaged, broken, or missing floorboards, and
- Unsecured or missing handrails.
Businesses and owners aren’t just responsible for keeping the inside of a building safe. The outside matters, too. So, owners can be liable for injuries if you get hurt because of a buildup of ice or water in their parking lot or if their sidewalks are uneven.
Jason Stephens Will Work Hard to Get Money For All of Your Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall might seem like a small accident. However, a fall can cause severe and debilitating injuries. In fact, many falls are fatal. So, it’s important to take any slip and fall accident seriously.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, a Fort Worth slip and fall injury attorney can help you seek compensation for all of your fall injuries, including:
- Back and neck injury
- Cuts and lacerations
- Eye injury
- Head injury, including concussion
- Lost limbs
- Soft tissue trauma, including sprains and strains
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death, and more.
Are you still in the hospital because your injuries are so severe? Don’t let that stop you from getting started on your slip and fall accident claim. Jason Stephens can arrange a time to visit you to discuss your case. Call today to get started.
Damages Available After a Slip and Fall in Fort Worth, TX
You might be surprised to learn that a slip and fall injury can affect nearly every aspect of your life. You might also be shocked to discover how expensive your accident can be, between medical bills, a loss of income, and disability. If your trip and fall accident is someone else’s fault, hold them accountable.
When you file a slip and fall injury claim, you may be able to secure economic and non-economic damages to compensate for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Lost wages, and more.
Don’t accept a settlement offer for less than your case is worth. Call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC and have a Fort Worth slip and fall accident lawyer fight to get the money you deserve. Jason Stephens is a skilled negotiator and won’t hesitate to take your case to a jury if insurance companies don’t cooperate. He’ll do whatever he can to secure a substantial award for you.
Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Cases in Fort Worth
After a slip and fall in Tarrant County, you will only have a short period of time to assert your legal rights. Under Texas state law, the statute of limitations for these types of cases is typically two years. If you don’t file your claim on time, you’ll be barred from getting anything, at all.
It is possible that you might have more or less time to file an injury claim or lawsuit after you get hurt. However, that’s the exception, rather than the rule.
The best thing you can do to protect yourself and your ability to get the money you need is by calling a Fort Worth slip and fall lawyer for immediate assistance. Jason Stephens has been handling premises liability cases for decades, and he can get to work on your case as soon as you ask him to.
Schedule a Free Case Assessment With A Fort Worth Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
You’ve got a lot going on right now. You don’t need the added stress of a lawsuit or injury claim. Let Stephens Law Firm, PLLC help you fight for the money you need and deserve. Call Fort Worth personal injury attorney Jason Stephens today to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Fort Worth Slip and Fall Accident Testimonial
Highly Rated Fort Worth Chiropractors
- The Joint Chiropractic
2600 West 7th Street, Suite 140
Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Path to Wellness Integrated Health
525 Bailey Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Park Hill Chiropractic
2428-A Forest Park Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76115
- Express Chiropractic & Wellness
2317 N Tarrant Parkway, Suite 451
Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Active Spine & Sport Therapy
3600 Hulen Street, Suite 4A
Fort Worth, TX 76107
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest rated chiropractors on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX