Fort Worth Wrongful Death Attorney Near You
Has someone you love recently died in an accident in Fort Worth, Texas? You may have the right to demand and recover compensation for your devastating loss. Give Jason Stephens’s Law Firm, PLLC office a call today at (817) 420-7000 to set up a free consultation and talk with a Fort Worth wrongful death lawyer.
Help is available nearby. A Fort Worth attorney at Stephens Law will fight to hold the person who caused your loved one’s death fully accountable for the harm they’ve caused. Contact our law office in Fort Worth to discuss your case.
Stephens Law does whatever it can to seek the damages and money you deserve.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC After a Fatal Accident in Fort Worth, TX?
Every year, dozens of families in and around Fort Worth are devastated because of a fatal accident.
Mistakes and carelessness lead to tragedies. If you find yourself grieving the unexpected and untimely loss of a loved one, it’s important to make sure that you’re fully aware of your legal rights and options.
If your loved one’s death could have been avoided, you might be entitled to compensation. However, getting money isn’t always easy. Insurance companies don’t care that you’re going through an extremely difficult time. In fact, they might even try to use that to their advantage and get you to agree to an offer that’s worth much less than you deserve.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer in Fort Worth who has extensive experience handling wrongful death cases can make all the difference in the world.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, founding attorney Jason Stephens has more than 25 years of experience handling the most complicated and challenging personal injury cases in Tarrant County. Attorney Jason Stephens fights tirelessly for his clients and gets results.
He’s recovered substantial sums on their behalves. If you’ve lost a loved one because someone else was negligent and are searching for a “wrongful death lawyer around me”, Jason Stephens will stand up for you and demand the money you deserve.
When Jason Stephens handles your case, he will:
- Investigate the fatal accident: Stephens Law knows how to investigate a Fort Worth accident near you to determine why it happened and who’s to blame. Attorney Jason Stephens will dig deep to get the answers that will be critical to your wrongful death case.
- Seek compensation from all liable parties: Under Texas state law, multiple parties can be held financially responsible for damages caused by an accident. Jason Stephens will work tirelessly to identify all liable parties and hold them accountable. Demanding compensation from more than one source – especially those with deep pockets – can help to increase your financial recovery.
- Limit allegations that your loved one is to blame: Anyone who causes a Fort Worth accident can share responsibility. That includes individuals who are injured or killed. At-fault parties and insurers will probably try to blame your loved one – in whole or in part – for their fatal accident. Those tactics, if successful, can limit or prevent you from getting money. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC will search high and low for evidence to refute these claims, downplay your loved one’s role, and protect your ability to get the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiate on your behalf: Insurance companies are known for their manipulative tactics. They’d much rather deal with you than an experienced wrongful death lawyer. When you hire Attorney Jason Stephens, he’ll handle all negotiations and communication with insurance companies and interested parties. In turn, they’ll be forced to take your claim seriously and will be more inclined to offer a fair payout.
- Take your case to court, if necessary: Jason Stephens doesn’t want you to have to relive the details of your loved one’s fatal accident in court. Jason Stephens will do everything he can to negotiate a meaningful out-of-court settlement. However, he’ll never take the threat of a trial off the table. Attorney Jason Stephens is nationally recognized for excellence in the courtroom, and he won’t hesitate to argue your case in front of a jury if that’s what it takes to secure a substantial award for you.
When it comes to the ins and outs of wrongful death cases, few people are as experienced as Jason Stephens. His incredible track record in wrongful death claims includes some of the highest awards in the state. Here are just a few of his results, and note that the dollar amounts represent the actual award given to the clients after attorney fees and related expenses:
- $5,829,487 wrongful death settlement involving an industrial construction accident,
- $4,501,688 wrongful death settlement involving an 18-wheeler,
- $3,345,853 wrongful death settlement involving an 18-wheeler accident,
- $1,946,014 wrongful death settlement involving a defective product,
- $1,137,393 wrongful death verdict related to a head-on auto collision.
Attorney Jason Stephens knows that this is a very difficult time for you. You’re suffering an unimaginable loss. You deserve to have the time and opportunity to focus on yourself, grieving your loss, and moving forward. That’s why he will handle the ins-and-outs of your wrongful death case. He’ll work tirelessly so that you don’t have to worry. All you have to do is give him a call to get started. Your initial consultation is free, so reach out by phone or online today.
What is Wrongful Death?
In Texas, wrongful death refers to a death that is caused by the “wrongful act, carelessness, unskillfulness, neglect, or default” of another.
In other words, a Fort Worth wrongful death occurs when a fatal accident could have been avoided.
Almost any accident can be fatal. As a result, almost any accident can give rise to a wrongful death action.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason Stephens handles all wrongful death cases in Fort Worth, including those stemming from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Oil and gas accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slips and falls
- Dog bites
- Defective products, including defective medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Medical malpractice
- Electrocutions, and more.
If someone you care about has been killed in an accident in Fort Worth, do not hesitate to give Jason Stephens a call to discuss your rights. He’ll be happy to sit down with you to discuss your case in greater detail.
Who Can Bring a Wrongful Death Action in Fort Worth?
Fort Worth wrongful death actions are different from other types of personal injury cases in many ways. One distinct difference is that the party initiating the action is not the person who got hurt in the accident. Instead, the right to file a claim for damages belongs to the family. However, not all family members are entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
In Texas, the following individuals may have the right to pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim after a fatal accident:
- Children, both biological and adoptive, and
- Parents, both biological and adoptive.
These immediate family members can file claims individually or together.
What is the Statute of Limitations For Filing a Wrongful Death Action in Texas?
Losing someone you love is never easy. Losing them unexpectedly – without having the opportunity to say goodbye – might be the worst of all. Jason Stephens understands that you’re grappling with a lot of emotions right now. Taking legal action might seem like too much to do.
However, a clock began to run the moment your loved one died. This clock is called the statute of limitations, and it restricts the amount of time you have to ask for compensation. For most wrongful death lawsuits in Texas, the statute of limitations is two years.
You risk losing out on the money your family needs and deserves if you don’t file a claim on time. There are only limited exceptions to the rule. Fortunately, you don’t have to do this on your own. When you call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Attorney Jason Stephens can begin to work on your wrongful death case right away. He’ll do the hard work so that you can take the time you need to come to terms with your loss. Just give him a quick call or reach out online today to set up a time to discuss your case.
What Damages Can I Get After a Fatal Accident in Fort Worth?
Another way that wrongful death claims are different from other types of personal injury cases involves the damages that can be recovered. Texas state law provides that family members who are eligible to file a wrongful death action can seek damages for:
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of financial support (e.g., income and wages)
- Loss of household support
- Loss of care, support, guidance, and counsel
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Loss of companionship, and
- Mental anguish.
Families may also be able to recover punitive damages if the fatal accident was the result of intentionally harmful actions or conduct.
Did your loved one survive their injuries for a period of time after their fatal accident? If so, additional compensation might be available through a survival action. The personal representative for their estate can potentially file an action to recover damages that your loved one would have been able to recover, had they survived. This can include money for things like pain and suffering or medical bills.
A Compassionate, Experienced Fort Worth Wrongful Death Attorney
If you’ve lost a family member in a fatal accident in Fort Worth, you deserve to work with an experienced wrongful death lawyer.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason Stephens has been helping surviving family members in Fort Worth navigate injury claims for more than two decades. He’s helped them secure substantial monetary awards for their pain, suffering, and financial losses.
A skilled personal injury attorney is here to help you, too. Contact our Fort Worth law firm today to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Fort Worth Wrongful Death Review
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX