Fort Worth Brain Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered a brain injury because you were involved in an accident in Fort Worth, Texas? The Fort Worth brain injury lawyer at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can help you fight to get the money you deserve. Jason Stephens offers a free initial case assessment, so don’t hesitate to contact our Fort Worth law offices at (817) 420-7000 to schedule yours today.
Let our experienced Fort Worth brain injury attorney handle your case.
Table of Contents
How Will Stephens Law Firm, PLLC Help Me After I’ve Suffered a Fort Worth Brain Injury?
Few injuries are more terrifying than those that affect the brain.
The brain is involved in literally everything thing that you do – so an injury can be incredibly disruptive.
While many traumatic brain injuries will heal over time, others will not. Many brain trauma victims struggle with the consequences of their injury for life. That can get to be emotionally, physically, and financially draining.
If someone else is responsible for the Fort Worth accident that caused your brain injury, you deserve to be compensated. By filing an injury claim or lawsuit, you can potentially recover a substantial monetary award. Money will not guarantee a full recovery, but it can make a huge difference as you navigate the uncertain waters ahead.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Fort Worth personal injury attorney, Jason Stephens has been advocating for victims of brain injuries for more than 24 years. He’s seen, first-hand, what a brain injury can do to a person and their family. He understands how hard life can be. That’s why he’s determined to make a difference in his clients’ lives. Jason and his team go above and beyond to hold negligent parties accountable and get the compensation the firm’s clients deserve.
When you call Stephens Law for help after an accident in Fort Worth, he will:
- Bring in Experts: Jason Stephens isn’t an expert on brain injuries. So, he’ll tap into the firm’s vast resources to bring in professionals who are. Medical doctors, vocational experts, and mental health authorities – for starters – can really help him dig deep and understand the intricacies of your particular case. Stephens Law takes the time to learn the details because that’s what will make a difference at the end of the day.
- Investigate Thoroughly: The only way to get the results you deserve is by making sure that Stephens Law understands every aspect of your case and gathers evidence to support demands for compensation. That’s why Jason Stephens and his support team are prepared to roll up their sleeves and conduct a very thorough investigation into the accident that caused your brain injury. This investigation can help to establish what caused the accident and, just as importantly, who’s responsible.
- Identify and Value Your Damages: Insurance companies will be eager to control a lot of different aspects of your injury case. That includes telling you how much your case is worth. Jason Stephens won’t stand for that. He’ll make sure that he carefully assesses your injuries, determine how they affect your life, and ultimately figure out what your present and future costs are. He’ll work hard to make sure that your case is valued properly and fight to secure the best possible settlement offer on your behalf.
- Limit Tactics Designed to Limit or Deny a Payout: Many times, insurers will attempt to blame injury victims in an effort to limit the amount of money they have to pay out, or to deny a financial award, altogether. Jason Stephens has dealt with insurance companies in central Texas for decades and know what steps have to be taken to stop these tactics from working. He’s ready to stand up for you and, as part of his investigation, gather evidence to downplay your contributions (if any) to your brain injury. The less blame assigned to you, the more money you can potentially get.
- Take Your Case to Court: You shouldn’t feel pressured into accepting a settlement offer that’s less than you deserve. That’s why trial attorney Jason Stephens will never take the threat of court off the table. Insurance companies are well aware of his reputation in the courtroom, which can be a huge asset for you during negotiations. If they don’t extend a fair offer, Jason Stephens will bring your case to a jury and work his magic.
Jason Stephens has been handling brain injury cases for over two decades– and he has the results to show it. Here are some of Jason’s brain injury results, and note that the dollar amounts listed represent the actual award given to clients after all attorney fees and related expenses.
- $9,349,973 settlement on a brain injury caused by electrocution,
- $5,622,850 settlement on a brain injury involving an auto accident,
- $3,960,000 settlement on a brain injury involving an auto-pedestrian accident,
- $2,316,639 settlement on a brain injury caused by a motor vehicle collision.
Jason and his Fort Worth legal team are here to help you in any way possible after your accident. Call to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Representing All Brain Injury Victims in Fort Worth, TX and Nearby Cities
Brain injuries are all too common. Every year in the United States, roughly 2.8 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury. While a lot of these injuries are quite moderate, many are not. In fact, many injuries are so severe that 282,000 people are hospitalized and another 50,000 don’t survive. The full statistics on brain injuries are even more terrifying.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, represents clients who have sustained traumatic brain injuries in and around Fort Worth, Texas as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites, and other accidents.
If you’ve sustained a traumatic brain injury in an accident in Fort Worth, call to learn a little bit about your legal options. You may be entitled to compensation, and Jason Stephens can help you fight to get all of the money you deserve.
Overview of Brain Injuries
A brain injury is a broad term that refers to any trauma to the brain. These injuries tend to fall into one of two categories: open head injuries and closed head injuries.
Open Head Injuries
The brain is protected by the skull, thin membranes, and a cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. These things help to cushion the organ and protect it from trauma. An open head injury – or a penetrating head injury – occurs when these protections are pierced or broken.
Typically, this happens when the skull is pierced by a foreign projectile, such as a bullet or knife. Alternatively, you could suffer an open head injury if you sustain blunt force trauma in a motor vehicle accident with such force that your skull fractures. The brain can be injured by debris, projectiles, or even bits of the skull.
Closed Head Injuries
The skull doesn’t have to be compromised for the brain to experience trauma. Closed head injuries occur when the brain is injured from the inside. This might happen if you are subjected to excessive force and your brain makes contact with the skull on the inside. Alternatively, you can experience a closed head injury and damage to the brain if you are exposed to poisons or deprived of oxygen.
Types of Brain Injuries
There are a lot of different injuries that can be classified as traumatic brain injury. Brain injury cases that are often seen after accidents in Fort Worth include:
- Edema (swelling of the brain)
- Hematoma (collection of blood outside of your blood vessels)
- Hypoxia (cell death as a result of a lack of oxygen)
- Intracerebral hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain tissue)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (bleeding into the ventricles of the brain)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding around the brain, particularly in the membranes that surround it).
These injuries can get significantly worse over time and have long-term consequences if not treated right away. So, it is crucial to seek medical care as soon as you’ve been involved in an accident. This is true, even if you don’t think that you’ve been injured. Brain injuries, particularly those caused by closed head trauma, can be difficult to diagnose.
Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury to Watch For
Whether you’ve been exposed to toxic chemicals or hit your head on the pavement after a slip and fall, it’s important to look for any signs that you might have a brain injury. Symptoms to look out for include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Altered sensations
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Memory loss
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Unusual changes in your mood
- Loss of sensation or feeling your extremities, and
- Loss of consciousness.
Prompt medical care will be necessary to mitigate your injuries and stop them from getting worse. If you fail to get help, you risk complications that could affect you for the rest of your life.
Damages Available to Fort Worth Brain Injury Victims
Your traumatic brain injury (TBI) could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars – if not more – over the course of your life. That’s not something you should have to handle on your own. Don’t let the person (or parties) who caused your brain injury to get away without paying you the money you deserve.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC will work hard to secure compensation for all of your damages, which might include money for:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, and follow-up care
- Nursing care
- Lost wages during recovery
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
If a loved one has died because of a brain injury they sustained in a Fort Worth accident, you may also be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. This can include money for burial and funeral expenses, as well as lost financial support your loved one would have provided if they survived.
Our Fort Worth Brain Injury Lawyer Is Here For You
Did you sustain a brain injury in an accident in Fort Worth, TX? Has a loved one died unexpectedly because their brain injury was so severe? Give the experienced and compassionate Fort Worth brain injury attorney at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC a call today to learn more about how he can help you fight to secure a substantial monetary award.
There’s too much at stake to not contact our Tarrant County law office for a free consultation today.
Fort Worth Brain Injury Review
Highly Rated Fort Worth Brain Injury Specialists
- Texas Health Resources
800 5th Ave, Suite 402
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Baylor Scott & White Health
301 N. Washington Ave
Dallas, TX 75246
- Clinical Neurosciences
1307 8th Ave, Suite 408
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Tarrant Neurology Consultants
713 Grainger St
Fort Worth, TX 76104
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest rated brain specialists on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX