Fort Worth Brain Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered a brain injury because you were involved in an accident in Fort Worth, Texas? Did you get hurt because someone else was negligent or careless? If so, you may be entitled to a significant financial award. The Fort Worth brain injury lawyers at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can help you fight to get the money you deserve.
Our Texas law firm offers a free initial case assessment, so don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule yours today.
How Will Stephens Law Firm, PLLC Help Me After I’ve Suffered a Brain Injury in Fort Worth?
Few injuries are more terrifying than those that affect the brain. The brain is involved in literally everything thing that you do – so an injury can be incredibly disruptive. While many traumatic brain injuries will heal over time, others will not. Many brain trauma victims struggle with the consequences of their injury for life. That can get to be emotionally, physically, and financially draining.
If someone else is responsible for the accident that caused your brain injury, you deserve to be compensated. By filing an injury claim or lawsuit, you can potentially recover a substantial monetary award. Money will not guarantee a full recovery, but it can make a huge difference as you navigate the uncertain waters ahead.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, our Fort Worth personal injury attorneys have been advocating for victims of brain injuries for more than 22 years. We’ve seen, first-hand, what a brain injury can do to a person and their family. We understand how hard life can be. That’s why we’re determined to make a difference in our clients’ lives. Our team goes above and beyond to hold negligent parties accountable and get the compensation our clients deserve.
When you call us for help, you should expect nothing less than our best. As we navigate your personal injury case, we will:
- Bring in Experts: We’re not experts on brain injuries. So, we’ll tap into our vast resources to bring in professionals who are. Medical doctors, vocational experts, and mental health authorities – for starters – can really help us dig deep and understand the intricacies of your particular case. We take the time to learn the details because that’s what will make a difference at the end of the day.
- Investigate Thoroughly: The only way to get the results you deserve is by making sure that we understand every aspect of your case and gather evidence to support our demands for compensation. That’s why our team is prepared to roll up our sleeves and conduct a very thorough investigation into the accident that caused your brain injury. This investigation can help us to establish what caused the accident and, just as importantly, who’s responsible.
- Identify and Value Your Damages: Insurance companies will be eager to control a lot of different aspects of your injury case. That includes telling you how much your case is worth. We won’t stand for that. We’ll make sure that we carefully assess your injuries, determine how they affect your life, and ultimately figure out what your present and future costs are. We’ll work hard to make sure that your case is valued properly and fight to secure the best possible settlement offer on your behalf.
- Limit Tactics Designed to Limit or Deny a Payout: Many times, insurers will attempt to blame injury victims in an effort to limit the amount of money they have to pay out, or to deny a financial award, altogether. We’ve dealt with insurance companies in central Texas for decades and know what steps have to be taken to stop these tactics from working. We’ll stand up for you and, as part of our investigation, gather evidence to downplay your contributions (if any) to your brain injury. The less blame assigned to you, the more money you can potentially get.
- Take Your Case to Court: You shouldn’t feel pressured into accepting a settlement offer that’s less than you deserve. That’s why our trial attorneys will never take the threat of court off the table. Insurance companies are well aware of our reputation in the courtroom, which we believe can be a huge asset for you during negotiations. If they don’t extend a fair offer, we’ll bring your case to a jury and work our magic.
Our Fort Worth legal team is here to help you in any way that we can after your accident. Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
We Represent All Brain Injury Victims in Fort Worth, TX
Brain injuries are all too common. Every year in the United States, roughly 2.8 million people suffer a traumatic brain injury. While a lot of these injuries are quite moderate, many are not. In fact, many injuries are so severe that 282,000 people are hospitalized and another 50,000 don’t survive. The full statistics on brain injuries are even more terrifying.
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, we represent clients who have sustained traumatic brain injuries in and around Fort Worth, Texas as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites, and other accidents.
If you’ve sustained a traumatic brain injury in an accident in Fort Worth, give our team a call to learn a little bit about your legal options. You may be entitled to compensation, and we can help you fight to get all of the money you deserve.
Overview of Brain Injuries
A brain injury is a broad term that refers to any trauma to the brain. These injuries tend to fall into one of two categories: open head injuries and closed head injuries.
Open Head Injuries
The brain is protected by the skull, thin membranes, and a cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. These things help to cushion the organ and protect it from trauma. An open head injury – or a penetrating head injury – occurs when these protections are pierced or broken.
Typically, this happens when the skull is pierced by a foreign projectile, such as a bullet or knife. Alternatively, you could suffer an open head injury if you sustain blunt force trauma in a motor vehicle accident with such force that your skull fractures. The brain can be injured by debris, projectiles, or even bits of the skull.
Closed Head Injuries
The skull doesn’t have to be compromised for the brain to experience trauma. Closed head injuries occur when the brain is injured from the inside. This might happen if you are subjected to excessive force and your brain makes contact with the skull on the inside. Alternatively, you can experience a closed head injury and damage to the brain if you are exposed to poisons or deprived of oxygen.
Types of Brain Injuries
There are a lot of different injuries that can be classified as a traumatic brain injury. Brain injury cases we see often after accidents in Fort Worth include:
- Edema (swelling of the brain)
- Hematoma (collection of blood outside of your blood vessels)
- Hypoxia (cell death as a result of a lack of oxygen)
- Intracerebral hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain tissue)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (bleeding into the ventricles of the brain)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding around the brain, particularly in the membranes that surround it).
These injuries can get significantly worse over time and have long term consequences if not treated right away. So, it is crucial to seek medical care as soon as you’ve been involved in an accident. This is true, even if you don’t think that you’ve been injured. Brain injuries, particularly those caused by closed head trauma, can be difficult to diagnose.
Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury to Watch For
Whether you’ve been exposed to toxic chemicals or hit your head on the pavement after a slip and fall, it’s important to look for any signs that you might have a brain injury. Symptoms to look out for include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Altered sensations
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Memory loss
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Unusual changes in your mood
- Loss of sensation or feeling your extremities, and
- Loss of consciousness.
Prompt medical care will be necessary to mitigate your injuries and stop them from getting worse. If you fail to get help, you risk complications that could affect you for the rest of your life.
Damages Available to Brain Injury Victims in Fort Worth
Your traumatic brain injury (TBI) could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars – if not more – over the course of your life. That’s not something you should have to handle on your own. Don’t let the person (or parties) who caused your brain injury to get away without paying you the money you deserve.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC will work hard to secure compensation for all of your damages, which might include money for:
- Medical bills, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, and follow-up care
- Nursing care
- Lost wages during recovery
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
If a loved one has died because of a brain injury they sustained in a Fort Worth accident, you may also be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. This can include money for burial and funeral expenses, as well as lost financial support your loved one would have provided if they survived.
Our Fort Worth Brian Injury Lawyers Are Here For You
Did you sustain a brain injury in an accident in Fort Worth, TX? Has a loved one died unexpectedly because their brain injury was so severe? Give the experienced and compassionate brain injury attorneys at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC a call today to learn more about how we can help you fight to secure a substantial monetary award.
There’s too much at stake to not call our Tarrant County law office for a free consultation today.