Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Fort Worth, you may be entitled to damages for things like medical bills, lost wages, and chronic pain.
A Fort Worth motorcycle accident lawyer at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can help you fight to hold negligent parties accountable.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Hire Stephens Law Firm, PLLC After My Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident
Even though you may have the right to seek compensation under the law, it can be challenging to actually get money in your hands. At-fault parties and insurance companies will put up a fight. They might even try to blame you for the crash. Their tactics, if successful, could mean that you ultimately recover less money than you deserve.
That’s where an experienced Fort Worth motorcycle accident lawyer at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can help. Jason Stephens has been fighting on behalf of injured riders in the Fort Worth area for more than 24 years. In that time, Jason has secured substantial monetary awards on their behalves. He appreciates how important a financial recovery can be and know what it will take to get you the money you need.
When you call for help Jason Stephens will:
- Make Sure Your Case is Investigated Thoroughly: You can be certain that insurance companies will use their considerable resources to look into your motorcycle accident. They’ll be searching for any evidence to suggest that you’re to blame or that their insured party is not at fault. You deserve to have the same done for you. So, Jason Stephens will carefully analyze the details of your motorcycle crash. He’ll work hard to figure out why it happened and, ultimately, who’s at fault.
- Protect You From Allegations of Fault: After an accident near you, everyone will point fingers. No one will happily accept responsibility. You might be blamed in whole or in part for the crash and your injuries. If you don’t challenge these claims your ability to recover compensation could be compromised or lost altogether. Stephens Law will work hard to protect you and downplay your contributions. The less fault allocated to you, the greater your financial recovery can be.
- Take Your Case to Court, If Necessary: Most personal injury cases near you settle. However, there’s a chance that yours won’t. If insurers or negligent parties don’t extend a fair offer, an award-winning Fort Worth trial lawyer will not hesitate before taking your case in front of a jury. Insurance companies are much more likely to engage in meaningful negotiations when they know that they’d have to face Jason Stephens in court.
- Jason Stephens Handles The Legal Stuff So You Can Get Better: Look, Jason knows that getting into an unexpected motorcycle accident isn’t easy. With very little to protect yourself in a crash, you’re vulnerable to severe, debilitating injuries. You deserve time to focus on getting better. Jason Stephens wants to make things as easy as possible for you. So, he’ll handle the ins-and-outs of your personal injury claim. You can rest assured that he’ll fight for you and do everything he can to get you a substantial award.
Give the Fort Worth law office a call to set up a free initial case assessment today to learn more.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Fort Worth, TX?
Crash statistics show that, on average, one motorcyclist dies every day in Texas. In 2019, there were 412 motorcycle fatalities throughout the state. Another 1,800 motorcyclists were seriously injured. Almost a third of Texas’s fatal motorcycle accidents occurred at intersections. Forty-five percent of motorcycle fatality victims were not wearing helmets at the time of their crash.
The six-month period from May to October produces some of the best weather in Texas for motorcycle riders. In 2019, these months accounted for 61 percent of motorcycle fatalities in the state. The highest number of fatal motorcycle crashes occurred in Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, and Odessa.
Stephens Law Will Work to Get Money For All of Your Motorcycle Injuries
Some personal injury firms in Fort Worth will only agree to help you if you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury or lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle crash. However, at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, a motorcycle accident attorney near you like Jason Stephens appreciates that any crash injury can change your life forever. He is prepared to help you fight to recover the compensation you need and deserve as you work toward rebuilding your life. Jason Stephens represents motorcycle accident victims who have sustained injuries including:
- Brain injury
- Crushing injury
- Eye injury
- Lost limbs
- Neck and back injury
- Spinal cord damage, and more.
Stephens Law is here to help you when you need it the most. Call today to schedule a time to sit down with a skilled Fort Worth personal injury attorney.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents near Fort Worth, TX
There are hundreds of motorcycle accidents across the state of Texas. As Fort Worth continues to expand and become more popular, the number of riders hitting the city’s roads continues to grow. So, many of the state’s motorcycle accidents occur in and around the Fort Worth area. Why? Leading causes and contributing factors include:
- Vehicles making unsafe left-hand turns
- Speeding and aggressive driving behaviors
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Hazardous road conditions, including potholes and uneven surfaces
- Following too closely
- Failing to leave adequate space while passing
- Defective bikes, vehicles, and/or safety equipment
- Road construction
- Traffic congestion, and
- Inclement weather.
The first step in recovering compensation after an accident is determining what caused the crash in the first place. You might think that you know the cause. However, you might not realize that several factors actually contributed to your crash. That’s why a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer will dig deep and comb through the details of your case. Jason Stephens will work hard to establish all possible causes. With this information, he can then identify all potentially liable parties.
Seeking Compensation From All Liable Parties
After a motorcycle crash in Texas, fault is apportioned among everyone who contributed or played a role. Anyone who is allocated fault for a Fort Worth accident can be on the hook for resulting damages. As you can see, it’s important to identify everyone who might be even remotely responsible for your accident in Fort Worth.
Potentially liable parties could include:
- Drivers of other motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, and buses
- Other motorcyclists
- Government agencies
- Transit agencies
- Product manufacturers
- Property owners, and more.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, will not hesitate to seek compensation from anyone and everyone who caused you to get hurt.
What If I Wasn’t Wearing a Motorcycle Helmet?
Texas is one of the most dangerous places to ride a motorcycle. Every year, it ranks as one of the deadliest for riders. Only California and Florida regularly report more fatal motorcycle crashes.
According to traffic data compiled by the state of Texas, about half of all motorcyclists killed in accidents across the state weren’t wearing a helmet.
What if you got hurt in an accident and weren’t wearing a helmet? What if your loved one was killed in an accident while not wearing a helmet? Will that affect your ability or right to recover compensation? If so, how?
What Are the Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Texas?
Texas has some fairly lax motorcycle helmet laws. Riders under the age of 21 are always required to wear a helmet when operating a bike. However, adults don’t necessarily have to wear this important piece of safety gear. Motorcyclists over the age of 21 don’t have to wear a helmet if they:
- Have completed a Motorcycle Operator Training Course, OR
- Purchase a minimum of $10,000 in medical insurance coverage.
So, does the fact that Texas doesn’t necessarily require a helmet mean that you can skip it without consequence? Not necessarily.
What is Comparative Fault in Texas?
When you decide to ride a motorcycle near Fort Worth, you have to do so with care. You have to take certain precautions to limit the risk of injury to yourself or others. If you don’t wear a helmet, you put yourself at an increased risk of harm. Texas doesn’t believe that others should be held fully accountable for your decision to take a risk, even if they cause your accident.
As you recall, fault is allocated to everyone who contributes to an accident or injury. This includes victims who sustain injuries or die in a crash. If you fail to mitigate your injuries by not wearing a helmet, you might be assigned some of the blame.
There are two important things to know about the state’s comparative negligence rules:
- You’ll be barred from recovering damages if you share more than 50 percent of the blame, and
- Your damages will be reduced by the degree to which you’re at fault.
So, not wearing your helmet – even though not required by law – could result in the partial or total loss of your ability to recover compensation.
What Damages are Available to Injured Motorcycle Riders nearby Fort Worth?
At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, an attorney will work hard to recover all available economic and non-economic damages under Texas state law. This could include money for:
- Present and future medical expenses,
- Lost wages and income,
- Pain and suffering,
- Emotional distress,
- Property damage,
- Disfigurement and scarring,
- Loss of consortium, and more.
You shouldn’t let insurance companies decide what your case is worth. At Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Jason Stephens will work closely with leading accident and injury experts in the Fort Worth area. They can guide Jason Stephens as he builds your case and provides strong support for his demands.
Let A Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You
Did you or a loved one get hurt in a motorcycle accident in Fort Worth? Are you unable to work and struggling with constant pain? Will your injury prevent you from doing the things you once loved? Call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC to learn about your legal options. You may have the right to seek compensation if someone else is at least partially responsible for your crash.
Contact the Stephens Law Fort Worth office today to schedule your free case evaluation. There’s a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit or injury claim, so don’t hesitate to call now.
Fort Worth Motorcycle Accident Testimonial
Highly rated Fort Worth Physical Therapists
- The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Institute
2901 Acme Brick Plaza
Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Sports Rehabilitation Specialists
1901 Cooper Street
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Bonnette Elite Physical Therapy & Wellness
9660 Bartlett Circle, Suite 708
Fort Worth, TX 76108
- Ried Physical Therapy
6145 Wedgewood Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76133
- Baylor Scott & White Rehab
5932 Quebec Street, Suite 108
Fort Worth, TX 76135
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated physical therapists on Yelp.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX