Fort Worth Taxi Accident Lawyer
Have you or a loved one sustained injuries in a taxi accident in Fort Worth, TX? An experienced Fort Worth taxi accident lawyer at Stephens Law can help you secure the fair compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Stephens Law has been fighting for accident victims like you for over two decades. Our experience shows—the firm has recovered over $100 million in compensation for our satisfied clients.
Table of Contents
How Stephens Law Can Help After a Taxi Accident in Fort Worth
When you’re hurt in a taxi accident, you shouldn’t expect the cab driver or insurance company to simply write you a check. You’ll have to demand the fair compensation you need for your damages. That’s where a Fort Worth personal injury lawyer can make all the difference in the world.
Stephens Law has over 22 years of experience advocating for accident victims’ rights in Texas and has won some of the largest personal injury verdicts in the state. The firm has achieved a perfect-10 AVVO rating from Martindale Hubbell–and the founding attorney has been recognized by Super Lawyers every year since 2004.
Hiring Stephens Law means you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Make sure the insurance company takes you seriously
- Carefully investigate to determine the cause of your crash
- Identify all available damages and accurately calculate the value of your claim
- Protect you if you’re blamed for the accident
Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your settlement. However, they aren’t afraid to take your case to court to get what’s fair.
Ready to learn more? Call for a free case evaluation with a Fort Worth personal injury attorney today.
What is My Forth Worth Taxi Accident Case Worth?
Texas personal injury lawyers hear this question all the time. To provide an accurate answer, Stephens Law will first have to review the facts of your case.
Most victims can recover compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and other out-of-pocket expenses. However, there are many factors that may impact the value of your personal injury claim.
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether your injuries are permanent and your expected recovery time
- Whether you’re unable to work
- How the injury has changed your life
- Your emotional suffering
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
You could be entitled to significant compensation after a taxi accident in Fort Worth. Stephens Law’s Fort Worth taxi accident attorney will seek all available damages in your case, including damages for your economic and non-economic losses.
Economic damages are financial in nature. They reimburse you for any past or future expenses associated with your accident and injuries. Examples include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic losses are more personal in nature. Examples of non-economic damages in Texas include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement, scarring, and impairments
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Insurance companies will work hard to minimize the extent of your injuries. They often get away with paying less than you deserve by downplaying your losses.
A lawyer in Fort Worth will reduce the impact of these and other insurance tactics–by fighting hard to maximize your financial recovery.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Texas?
Texas has modified comparative negligence rules. Sharing responsibility for a taxi accident won’t automatically disqualify you from seeking compensation if someone else shares part of the blame.
You’re entitled to seek compensation as long as you aren’t more than 50% responsible for the crash. If you share less than 51% of the blame, your damages will be reduced to account for your share of fault. For example, if you were 30% responsible, you can only take home 70% of your settlement or verdict amount.
Stephens Law Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
Any car accident can cause serious damage, whether you were a passenger in the back seat, a motorist in another vehicle, or simply walking down the street.
Stephens Law will help you fight to recover fair compensation for all of your injuries–regardless of how big or small.
The firm often represents taxi and Uber accident victims who have sustained:
- Whiplash injuries
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Severe burns
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Are your injuries making it hard to get around? Our lawyer would be happy to schedule a home or hospital visit to discuss your case. Just give us a quick call to schedule your free case review today.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Fort Worth, Texas?
Taxis are still a popular way to get around Fort Worth, despite the popularity of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft. Hailing a taxicab might be convenient–but that doesn’t always mean it’s safe. Cab drivers are notoriously aggressive. After all, the more rides they complete, the more money they take home.
Some of the most common causes of taxi accidents in Fort Worth include:
- Aggressive driving behaviors
- Stopping in unsafe locations to allow passengers to enter or exit
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Fatigued driving
- Unsafe passing
- Weaving through traffic
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Unfamiliarity with the roadways
- Defective vehicles or equipment
Taxi and ridesharing drivers spend the bulk of their day behind the wheel. They’re often tired, distracted, and in a hurry. These factors can easily lead to a taxi cab accident involving another motorist, pedestrian, or bicycle.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Damages After a Taxi Accident?
Once you determine the cause of your taxi accident, it’s important to locate all responsible parties. Multiple parties may share financial liability.
Taxi drivers can be classified as employees or independent contractors. If the driver is an independent contractor, the taxi company typically won’t be vicariously liable for the driver’s negligence.
However, there are situations where you may be entitled to sue the cab company if the company:
- Was negligent in hiring unqualified drivers
- Failed to train and supervise drivers properly
- Failed to maintain their taxis in a safe condition
Manufacturers of defective cabs, negligent mechanics, and third-party drivers may also share responsibility after a crash.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Texas?
Most taxi cab accidents happen because someone was careless–or, in legal terms, negligent. Unfortunately, that also means that most accidents are entirely preventable.
To prove negligence in Texas, a victim must establish:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
Taxi drivers are common carriers in the state of Texas. Taxi drivers have a heightened duty of care because they’re being paid to transport others. In some cases, that can make it easier for taxi crash victims to recover damages.
Still, you’ll need evidence to identify the at-fault driver. That evidence may include:
- Dashcam footage
- Video surveillance footage
- Witness testimony
- Police and accident reports
- Toxicology reports
- Data from cell phones or GPS devices
Stephens Law will investigate to identify the factors that played a role in your taxi crash and hold at-fault parties liable for your losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Texas?
In Texas, auto accident victims usually have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Missing the deadline has serious consequences. You could lose your right to compensation entirely–even if you were seriously injured.
Contact a Fort Worth Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member injured in a taxi accident in Fort Worth? You don’t have to deal with the consequences alone. Stephens Law can help you hold the negligent parties accountable for your losses. Just call an experienced Fort Worth taxi accident lawyer or fill out the form to schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Worth, TX also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Birth Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Knee Injury Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Product Liability Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Train Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Worth, TX