Mineral Wells Car Accident Lawyer
Have you recently been hurt in a car accident in Mineral Wells, TX? Contact Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, for immediate legal assistance. You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and suffering. Mineral Wells car accident lawyer Jason Stephens is ready to help you get every cent you deserve.
Choose Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, and benefit from an attorney with more than 24 years of experience who’s secured record-breaking verdicts for clients like you.
Call attorney Jason Stephens to find out how he can help you secure a substantial monetary award. Your first case evaluation is absolutely free, so contact us now.
How Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, Can Help You After a Car Accident in Mineral Wells, TX
You need time to focus on recovering if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Mineral Wells, Texas. That’s difficult to do if you’re also trying to fight an insurance company or negligent party for compensation. Hiring an experienced Mineral Wells personal injury lawyer gives you the opportunity to do that – and sets you up to get the best possible results.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, puts more than two decades of experience behind every case. Attorney Jason Stephens holds negligent motorists and their insurance companies accountable. He’s a nationally recognized, award-winning trial attorney who helps accident victims in Mineral Wells win life-changing compensation.
When you trust Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, after your car wreck, you can expect:
- A thorough investigation into your accident to determine why it happened and who’s at fault
- Consultations with respected car accident experts
- Strong, strategic negotiations to secure the best possible settlement deal for you
- Skilled and compassionate representation at trial if you aren’t offered a reasonable settlement
Focus on getting better. Let Mineral Wells car accident attorney Jason Stephens handle your right for compensation. Call his law office to learn more. Your first consultation is free.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Mineral Wells, TX?
There are hundreds of auto accidents in Mineral Wells, Texas every year. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were a total of 254 collisions in 2020. The year before, Mineral Wells had 237 reported traffic accidents.
- One car accident in Mineral Wells was fatal and resulted in one death
- 7 accidents resulted in suspected serious injuries (with 9 victims)
- 12 accidents resulted in non-incapacitating injuries (with 19 victims)
- 25 accidents resulted in possible injuries (with 34 victims), and
- At least 196 collisions resulted in property damage only.
Roughly one out of every four collisions in Mineral Wells causes an injury or death.
I Was Hurt in a Mineral Wells Car Wreck – What’s My Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury case will depend on factors that are very specific to your situation, such as:
- The types of injuries you suffer
- How serious your injuries are
- Whether you’re expected to make a full physical recovery
- If your ability to earn an income has been affected (and if that will ever change)
- Whether or not pre-existing conditions were aggravated as a result of your crash
- If you’re being blamed for the collision
- How the trauma of being involved in a wreck has affected you, and
- Your current (and future) out-of-pocket costs.
The severity of your injuries is the most telling factor when it comes to valuation. According to the National Safety Council, the average cost of a car accident in 2019 was $155,000 for a case involving a “possible injury.” For a case involving a “disabling injury,” the average cost was $1,219,000.
Every case is very different. Don’t underestimate what yours might be worth – even if your injuries don’t appear to be “catastrophic” right off the bat. Speak with a qualified personal injury attorney near you in Mineral Wells. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, will help you understand what your case might be worth and fight to get you full compensation for your injuries.
What Damages Are Available to Crash Victims in Mineral Wells?
Following a car accident in Mineral Wells, Texas, you may have the right to recover compensation for economic losses and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover the costs of your accident – both present and future – and can include money for:
- Medical expenses
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Funeral costs, if a motor vehicle accident is fatal
- Lost wages
Non-economic damages compensate for the pain and suffering you experienced because you were in a crash, like:
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Mineral Wells?
Most auto accidents in Mineral Wells, Texas can be avoided. Unfortunately, they happen – and usually, it’s because someone is negligent or careless.
Common causes of crashes in Mineral Wells include:
- Texting and driving, or other forms of distracted driving
- Racing through an intersection to beat a red or yellow light
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to follow state or local traffic laws
- Driver not familiar with local traffic patterns
- Unsafe road conditions
Sometimes accidents happen even when everyone is careful. Most of the time, these are due to vehicle defects (like faulty brakes or defective airbags) or poorly designed or maintained roads.
Can I Still Win My Personal Injury Case If I’m Blamed For My Car Accident in Texas?
Your damages will be reduced if you’re allocated some – but less than 51% – of the blame for your accident.
You will forfeit the right to recover compensation from a third party if you’re assigned more than half of the blame.
Other parties (and their insurance companies) will try to point fingers and blame you. If you do nothing, you could watch well-deserved money disappear.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, is all too familiar with these tactics, which are often based on no evidence and have no basis in fact. Attorney Jason Stephens will help to defend you. He’ll work to disprove claims that you’re at fault and limit how much liability is ultimately assigned to you. The more successful these efforts, the more money you can potentially get when your personal injury claim is resolved.
Car Accidents in Texas Can Cause Serious, Life-Threatening Injuries
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, represents clients who have suffered severe and catastrophic injuries in car crashes in Mineral Wells, TX.
Call for help if you’ve suffered:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck and back injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
Mineral Wells car accident attorney Jason Stephens can also help you file a wrongful death action if your loved one is killed in a fatal crash.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Car Accident Injury Case?
Most car accident lawsuits in Texas are based on negligence.
To establish negligence, you’ll have to prove that:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- They didn’t act reasonably under the circumstances (and breached the duty of care owed to you)
- Their conduct was a direct and proximate cause of your injuries, and
- You’ve suffered identifiable damages, as a result.
You’ll have the burden of proof in your personal injury case. For civil lawsuits in Texas, the burden of proof is “by a preponderance of the evidence.” Simply, your story has to be more likely true than not.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Crash in Mineral Wells, Texas?
There are some times when the statute of limitations will be different, but those are the exceptions, not the rule.
One thing is clear: you will lose the right to file a lawsuit and demand compensation if the deadline expires before you take action.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Mineral Wells Car Accident Lawyer Near You
Don’t let those responsible for your car wreck walk away without consequence. Call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, and have Mineral Wells car accident lawyer Jason Stephens fight to hold them accountable for the harm they’ve caused you.
Jason Stephens works on a contingency fee basis, which means that he doesn’t get paid unless he wins your case. If he doesn’t get a settlement or win a verdict for you at trial, you pay nothing.
There’s no risk in contacting Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, for help after your wreck. Call the law office today to schedule a free consultation.