Weatherford Car Accident Attorney
You might be entitled to a significant financial settlement or award if you’ve recently been involved in a car accident in Weatherford, TX.
Stephens Law Firm, PLLC is here to help. Experienced Weatherford car accident attorney Jason Stephens will aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf and work tirelessly to secure the money you need and deserve.
With more than 22 years of experience and substantial sums recovered for crash victims in central Texas, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. Simply give his Weatherford law office a call today to schedule a free consultation.
Table of Contents
Why Choose Stephens Law Firm, PLLC After Your Weatherford Car Accident
Nothing about a car accident is easy. Your life can change in an instant, even if you were being extremely cautious behind the wheel. All it takes is for someone else to make a mistake.
When that happens – and you’re injured as a result – you deserve to be compensated in full.
However, don’t expect at-fault parties or their insurance providers to write a check to cover all of your present and future damages. Expect for them to put up a fight, point fingers, and make the process extremely challenging.
That’s just something you shouldn’t have to deal with right now. Not on top of everything else. Fortunately, you don’t have to. Hiring a personal injury attorney in Weatherford to handle your case can level the playing field. It can also give you the much-needed time you need to concentrate on getting better.
Your choice of attorney matters. That’s why you should call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC. Jason Stephens has been advocating for car accident victims in Weatherford for more than 22 years.
He knows that money isn’t a magic cure-all, but also understands what an impact it can have in the years following an accident. That’s why he does everything in his power to secure substantial payouts for his clients. He strives to make a difference in any way that he can.
When you hire Stephens Law Firm, PLLC to handle your car accident case, he will:
- Investigate the Crash and Gather Evidence: Jason Stephens will conduct a thorough investigation into your Weatherford auto accident. He’ll visit the scene and assess the situation for ourselves, gather and analyze evidence, interview interested parties and witnesses, bring in experts, and do whatever else it takes to get to the bottom of what happened. Figuring out what caused your accident will be critical in his pursuit of compensation for you.
- Identify and Hold All Liable Parties Accountable: You might think you know why your accident happened and who is to blame. However, in reality, accidents can be really complicated. So, many times, a lot of different factors contribute to a crash. In turn, multiple parties could be financially liable for your injuries. Jason Stephens will work diligently to identify each and every one and then hold them accountable.
- Protect You When Others Point Fingers: Insurance companies will be quick to blame you for some or all of the accident. If you don’t counter these efforts, you might lose out on valuable compensation. Jason Stephens will stand up for you and do everything he can to stop these tactics – which are often made in bad faith – from working.
- Handle All Communication For You: Insurers don’t want you to hire an attorney. They’d much rather negotiate directly with you, with the hope that they can take advantage of you during a difficult time. When you enlist the help of Jason Stephens, you don’t have to worry about that. He’ll take the reigns and handle all communication with interested parties. He’ll make them play by the rules and take your case seriously.
- Litigate, If Necessary: Jason Stephens never takes the threat of going to court off the table. He knows that this puts a lot of pressure on at-fault parties and insurance companies during the negotiation process. Why? Because Weatherford personal injury lawyer Jason Stephens has secured some of the highest motor vehicle accident jury verdicts in state and national history. He’s a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, and insurance companies will probably want to avoid that at all costs.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Weatherford, Texas, call Stephens Law Firm, PLLC. Jason Stephens knows that you face a tough road ahead. He wants to be there for you in any way that he can. All you have to do is contact his law firm today to learn more.
Weatherford, TX Car Accident Statistics
Weatherford has seen a significant increase in motor vehicle accidents in recent years. In 2013, there were a total of 509 accidents in the city. The following year, there were 759 accidents – an increase of more than 49 percent.
Since then, accidents in the city have fluctuated slightly, but remained elevated:
- 2015: 874 accidents
- 2016: 831 accidents
- 2017: 855 accidents
- 2018: 855 accidents.
In 2018, there were between two and three car accidents in Weatherford every single day. Put another way, there’s an accident in Weatherford about every 10 hours.
How serious are car accidents in Weatherford? According to the Texas Department of Transportation, of the 855 accidents reported in 2018, 4 were fatal. Ten caused catastrophic injuries and more than 269 caused minor and moderate injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Weatherford
Car accidents are all too common in Weatherford. Why do collisions and crashes happen so frequently? While almost anything can cause an accident, leading causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Inexperienced operators
- Unsafe lane changes
- Disregarding a traffic signal or stop sign
- Driving in more than one lane
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Faulty evasive action, and
For the most part, car accidents in Weatherford are caused by drivers who fail to exercise an appropriate level of caution behind the wheel. However, there are other factors that can contribute to a crash, including defective or slick tires, animals in the roadway, inclement weather, and hazardous road conditions.
We Represent All Car Accident Victims in Weatherford
A car accident can cause a wide range of injuries. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC, represents clients who, after being in a crash, sustained:
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Chest injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries, including concussion
- Lost limbs
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Wrongful death, and more.
No injury is too big or too small. If you need help getting money for your crash-related injuries, Jason Stephens will be there to help. All you have to do is give him a call and arrange a time to discuss your case in detail. It’s that simple.
Establishing Fault and Liability After Your Car Accident
Under Texas state law, anyone who contributes to a collision – in any way, shape, or form – can be liable for resulting injuries. If someone’s negligence contributes to an accident, they can be on the hook for damages.
Jason Stephens will roll up his sleeves and dig deep to identify every possible cause of your accident. With this information in hand, he can determine who might have had a hand in causing your injuries. He will then seek compensation from all liable parties, including:
- Drivers of other passenger vehicles
- Truck drivers
- Transit companies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies, including the state of Texas, Tarrant County, and/or the city of Weatherford
- Car companies and manufacturers, and more.
Seeking compensation from multiple parties can help him to secure a substantial monetary award on your behalf.
Don’t Panic If You Share Responsibility for Your Car Crash
Sometimes we play a role in causing our own accidents. Fortunately, sharing some of the blame for your accident won’t necessarily bar a financial recovery. You can still seek compensation as long as you’re not primarily responsible for the crash.
Texas has modified comparative fault rules. Simply put, you can recover damages as long as you’re allocated less than 51 percent of the blame for a crash. If you are assigned fault, your damages will be reduced to reflect that.
So, let’s say you’re allocated 25 percent of the fault for a car accident in Weatherford. You can recover a financial award, but you’ll only be entitled to 75 percent of your losses. That’s because the state takes your role into account. At the same time, you can be liable for up to 25 percent of damages sustained by others who were also involved in the accident.
Other parties and insurers will try to take advantage of the state’s comparative fault rules. They’ll point fingers and deny responsibility. Weatherford car accident lawyer Jason Stephens will stand up for you and do everything he can to stop these tactics from working. he’ll gather evidence to counter these claims and minimize your contributions to the crash.
Damages Available to Car Accident Injury Victims
A car accident can easily cost you tens of thousands of dollars. If your injuries are severe or debilitating, those costs can exceed six or seven figures. That doesn’t even take into account the costs of your intangible injuries, like chronic pain and mental anguish. Those are costs you should not have to shoulder on your own if someone else caused your accident.
That’s why Stephens Law Firm, PLLC will work tirelessly to get you the money you deserve. Jason Stephens will put together a strong claim and demand damages from all liable parties. He can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress (e.g., anxiety, depression, PTSD)
- Property damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Disability, and more.
Following a fatal car accident in Weatherford, families may also be entitled to damages to compensate for funeral costs and lost financial support.
He won’t let insurance companies push you around or bully you into accepting a settlement offer that’s worth less than you deserve. Jason and his legal support team will bring in experts to aid him in understanding your injuries. He’ll let medical experts, mental health professionals, and vocational rehabilitation experts tell him how your accident and injuries will likely affect you – today and in the years to come.
His goal is to identify the present and future costs for all of your damages. When he sits down to negotiate a settlement, he’ll use this to leverage insurers into making a legitimate offer. If they don’t, he will not hesitate to bring your case to a jury.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits in Texas
Following a car accident in Weatherford, Texas, you will have a limited amount of time to demand the compensation you need and deserve. Most lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of your accident. There are times when the statute of limitations is shorter or longer. However, you will be entitled to nothing if you wait too long to file your claim. Once the statute of limitations expires, time is up.
Protect yourself by enlisting the help of a qualified Weatherford car accident lawyer as soon as you can after you get hurt. Stephens Law Firm, PLLC can begin to work on your case as soon as you call for help. Jason Stephens will identify the statute of limitations that applies to your case, determine if there are factors that might warrant additional time, and help you make sure your case is filed within the necessary timeframe.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Weatherford, TX?
You might not think that the things you do after an accident are all that important. However, they are. The decisions you make can have a huge impact on any future legal claims you decide to pursue. Here’s what you should keep in mind after a crash in central Texas.
- Stay at the Scene: It’s a crime to leave the scene of an accident if there’s considerable property damage or if anyone is injured or killed. So, stay put, exchange insurance information, and wait for the police.
- Call the Police: Report the accident as soon as you can. Call 911 or the local police station. Wait for an officer and other first responders to arrive on the scene. When they get there, the police will conduct a preliminary investigation, which can yield information that could be crucial to your personal injury claim. Police reports tend to contain details that get lost or forgotten over time, like the weather conditions and time of day. These details might seem unimportant but could really make a difference in establishing causation and fault down the line.
- See a Doctor: Prompt medical care can help to ensure that your injuries are diagnosed and treated before complications can arise. Your visit will also help to establish a causal link between the crash and your injuries. This can be critical to your pursuit of compensation.
- Refuse Early Offers: An early settlement offer might seem too good to be true. It probably is. Insurance companies will want to end your case before it has a chance to begin. So, they’ll offer money at a time when they know you could really use it. The problem is that these early offers tend to be for way less than what your case is really worth. Accepting an early offer will likely mean that you’ll waive the right to recover any additional money in the future, regardless of your costs. So, while it may be tempting, it’s usually best to wait until you’ve had a chance to assess your injuries and costs before sitting down to hash out a deal.
- Call a Lawyer: After an accident, you have enough to think about without the added stress of a lawsuit or insurance claim. You can give yourself time to recover by enlisting the help of an experienced car accident lawyer. Your attorney can handle all communications with other parties, build a strong case on your behalf, and fight to secure a financial settlement or award on your behalf – all while you focus on getting better.
A Weatherford Car Accident Attorney You Can Trust
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident in Weatherford, Texas? Contact the experienced Weatherford personal injury lawyers at Stephens Law Firm, PLLC to discuss your legal options. Jason Stephens has been fighting on behalf of injury victims like you for more than two decades. He knows what it takes to get the results you deserve.
Give him a call today to arrange a free consultation and learn more about how he might be able to help.