Fort Worth Amazon Van and Truck Accident Lawyer
Amazon delivery drivers can be seen delivering packages daily throughout Fort Worth, TX. The delivery service is one of the largest companies in the United States. Unfortunately, an accident with an Amazon van or truck can cause severe injuries and fatalities.
Our Fort Worth truck accident attorney has over two decades of experience in personal injury. We have the resources and experience necessary to go up against large companies like Amazon. Stephens Law has already recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Fort Worth personal injury attorney after your accident, call us at (817) 420-7000. We are dedicated to helping you receive the compensation you deserve after an accident.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You After Your Crash
An accident involving a commercial vehicle is not your typical car accident. Amazon trucks and vans are much larger than passenger vehicles. Therefore, they can cause much more damage than a car accident involving only passenger vehicles.
A delivery truck accident may involve multiple parties. Sorting out liability could be challenging. The insurance company and Amazon may even dispute liability and blame you, which means you could have a difficult battle to prove fault.
You need a Forth Worth personal injury lawyer to help with your claim. When you hire Stephens Law to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Use our extensive resources to investigate the cause of the accident
- Identify all parties who may be liable for your injuries and damages
- File and monitor insurance claims
- Consult leading expert witnesses in Fort Worth, Texas
- Calculate the maximum value for your injury claim
- Monitor the statute of limitation to file personal injury lawsuits
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your injury claim
- Fight your case in court if the parties refuse to pay a reasonable amount to settle your case
We are here to help. Call us now for a free case evaluation with an experienced Fort Worth truck accident lawyer.
Causes of Amazon Van and Delivery Truck Accidents in Fort Worth, Texas
Delivery truck drivers maintain a tight schedule, especially around holidays. When a delivery driver is pressured to meet unrealistic deadlines, they often make driving mistakes. New drivers hired to meet seasonal demands may drive in unfamiliar areas, increasing the risk of a truck accident.
Common causes of Amazon truck accidents include:
- Inexperienced drivers who lack the proper training to operate a large truck or delivery van
- Sudden stops to avoid passing a delivery address
- Distractions from looking for addresses and checking GPS results
- Backing up when they pass an address or need to back out of a space
- Fatigued drivers who work long shifts and days without a break
- Improper loading of cargo could cause the truck driver to lose control of the van
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inadequate maintenance of delivery vans and trucks
Call 911 if you are involved in an accident with an Amazon vehicle. Do not admit fault for the wreck. It is best to speak with an attorney before discussing the accident with an Amazon representative or insurance company. Your statements can have a significant impact on the outcome of your personal injury case.
Injuries Caused by Delivery Truck Accidents in Fort Worth
Because delivery trucks and vans are large vehicles, an accident can result in catastrophic injuries. Potential injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Chest and internal organ injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
You should always seek immediate medical attention after a delivery truck accident. Delays in medical care could raise questions about causation. For example, Amazon or the insurance provider could allege that you failed to mitigate damages if your injuries worsened after you neglected to seek treatment.
What Compensation Can I Receive for an Amazon Van and Truck Accident?
You will have to prove that a delivery driver was negligent to recover compensation after your Amazon van or truck accident. This means you will have to show that the delivery driver breached their duty to drive safely and caused your accident.
Fault for a delivery truck accident may be attributed to one or more parties. Even if a delivery driver causes the accident, Amazon may be vicariously liable for damages caused by its employee.
The types of damages that you could receive for an accident claim include:
- The cost of hospital stays, doctor’s bills, surgeries, therapies, and other medical treatment
- The cost of long-term nursing care or personal care
- Loss of income, including future lost wages and diminished earning potential
- Emotional, physical, and mental pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life and reduced quality of life
- Permanent impairments, disfigurement, and disability
Our legal team carefully documents your damages to increase the chance you receive maximum compensation for your injury claim. While money does not relieve your pain and suffering, it does help you recover financially from being injured in an accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Fort Worth, TX
Do not try to fight Amazon alone for the money you deserve after an accident. Instead, let our legal team use their considerable resources, skills, and experiences to take up the fight for you. Contact our office today for your free case review with a Fort Worth Amazon van and truck accident lawyer.